The Wednesday Circle

"There is a time and a place for everything. I just forgot the time and the place."

Thursday, December 15, 2005

My New Tat.


So - I got my new tattoo a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to post it for a while but never got round to it. They're a little blurry but it's cause I didn't want to use the flash and the lack of light meant the exposure was longer (or something like that) and Sil's hand wasn't still enough :(

(Sorry about the sexy lying in bed shot - I needed a white background)






It's from matthew 16:26 - I've modified it a touch to cut down on the words - but the sentiment remains.

After completing degrees in law/business/sports studies (not that sports studies is worthy to be called a degree) i realised that this quote was the most important thing I had learnt.

Shame it took me 13 years of Uni to realise it :(

Oh - BTW - Post your comments in the comments section Sleiman - not in a new post! Such an amateur :-D

EDIT: Props where props is due...

The Guy that did the work's name is Kian Forreal - He's a canadian dude that spends alot of time in Barcelona but travels around the world tattooing. The site's a bit dodgy, but the guy is 1st class - and very interesting to talk to. I spent the 2 1/2 hours chatting away with him about lots of "interesting" things

The place where I got it done is Inner Vision Tattoo - it's got an excellent reputation in Sydney - super clean and good work. they've got some galleries on that site too.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 AM, December 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What can I say, you look like a girl with those boney arms! hehe

    Seriously, the tattoo looks good. While I could never get a tattoo myself, I have learned to appreciate good ones. My friend Danny, here in Japan, has his entire back covered with some fine Japanese tattoo work. He is very much interested in traditional Japanese tattoos. Apparently the Japanese are true tattoo masters.

    Bah! My 'comments' often end up as my thoughts for the day (or night,or whenever). I read something or see or hear something and it invariably leads to something else.

    As Ralph T says, "Girl I can't control it!"

    It is true though, isn't it? Let them 'have' the world. They'll only lose it in the end, right? (By the way, 13 years is quick. Most people NEVER understand...)

    As Chuck D said, "Don't believe the hype"... but they all still do. That's too bad for them I guess.

    Sleiman

     
  • At 10:57 PM, December 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks pretty fine to me. Whoever did that work was obviously no amateur. Fine lines and sweeping calligraphy are not easy, especially with some vibrating 12 ounce machine in your hand.
    Not my style, but obviously good work...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home